ZOTERO STEP BY STEP
Zotero is a free reference manager created by the Center for History and New Media at the George Mason University in Virginia. It allows you to collect bibliographic records, downloaded from different databases or entered manually. Using Zotero you can generate citations and bibliographies while writing your dissertation or article in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice. Creation of an individual account is required.
It is compatible with: Windows/Mac/Linux/mobile.
You can work with desktop or online version.
It allows you to collect documents of various types (PDF!!!, WORD, PPT, EXCEL).
It enables automatic downloading publications from scientific databases and Google Scholar.
With Zotero adding citations and creating bibliography in Microsoft Word and LibreOffice is very easy.
You can choose any bibliographic style.
Zotero provides technical support.
Basic account, free of charge:
private disk space / 300 MB (it is possible to buy additional disk space)
Drag&Drop files stored on your computer
collect data from bookstores and and search engines
freely change bibliographic styles
On 27 April 2016 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union and of Council came into force. It relates to data processing for natural persons and the freedom of movement of such data. In the light of this and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the Main Library would like to draw your attention to the following:
1. The administrator of your personal data is The Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector at The Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (email@example.com),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have access to the content of your data and the right to demand its rectification. You have the right to remove data or limit its use. Further you have the right to transfer data and to raise an objection on how your data is processed. You may withdraw your legal consent for the use of your data at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection if your complaint is justified and the administrator is found to be in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.