The rules on how to determine affiliations in publications are regulated by the Rector's Regulation no. 11/2021 of 8 February 2021, according to which the correct form of affiliation must include:
the name of a unit, i.e. the clinic / department,
the name of the faculty,
the name of the University.
An affiliation to UCK GUMed does not constitute an affiliation to MUG.
Examples of the correct affiliations:
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk, Poland
Clinic of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences with the Institute of Maritime and Tropical Medicine, Medical University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk, Poland
Information about the phenomenon of predatory publishers accompanying Open Access publishing is available in the section Open Access / predatory publishers.
There you will also find advice on how to verify a journal / publisher.
>> Instructions to Authors in the Health Sciences / University in Toledo - Mulford Health Science Library guidebook
>> National Library of Medicine Catalog / abbreviations used in Medline
On 27 April 2016 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union and of Council came into force. It relates to data processing for natural persons and the freedom of movement of such data. In the light of this and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the Main Library would like to draw your attention to the following:
1. The administrator of your personal data is The Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector at The Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (email@example.com),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have access to the content of your data and the right to demand its rectification. You have the right to remove data or limit its use. Further you have the right to transfer data and to raise an objection on how your data is processed. You may withdraw your legal consent for the use of your data at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection if your complaint is justified and the administrator is found to be in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.