The off-campus access to Library e-resources via the HAN (Hidden Automatic Navigator) proxy server.
The HAN tool greatly simplifies the process of obtaining the remote access. It does not require filling in the remote access via proxy server online form or configuring the web browser for proxies.
In order to access online resources (e-journals or e-books) you may:
use individual links to databases/collections located on our sub-pages: databases, e-books,
search using the Multisearch engine,
search for e-journal or e-books titles with Publication Finder (the former A-Z List).
It is impossible to get access to any publication via the Google search or by entering the original journal's URL.
MUG students and PhD students.
Criteria to be met:
valid MUG library card or MUG student ID activated as a library card,
no arrears to the Library.
To authorize the access:
You only need to log in to your Library account when selecting the appropriate resource (database, e-book or e-journal database):
the LOGIN is:
- 55000xxxxx (where xxxxx stands for the album number) - for owners of electronic student cards;
- a 10-digit number printed on your Library card under the bar code - for other users;
the PASSWORD is: the date of your birth (YYMMDD) - there is a possibility to change the password after logging in.
The most common problems:
I do not know if I have the Library account / I do not remember my login and/or the password >> contact the Lending Unit (phone 58 349 10 51; firstname.lastname@example.org )
A link to the selected database/e-journal does not work >> contact Scientific Information and Promotion Division (phone 58 349 10 45; email@example.com) or our IT specialist (phone 58 349 11 43; firstname.lastname@example.org )
phone: 58 349 10 45
On 27 April 2016 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union and of Council came into force. It relates to data processing for natural persons and the freedom of movement of such data. In the light of this and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the Main Library would like to draw your attention to the following:
1. The administrator of your personal data is The Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector at The Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (email@example.com),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have access to the content of your data and the right to demand its rectification. You have the right to remove data or limit its use. Further you have the right to transfer data and to raise an objection on how your data is processed. You may withdraw your legal consent for the use of your data at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection if your complaint is justified and the administrator is found to be in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.