The right to on-site use of the Library's resources is entitled to all those interested in medical literature, and without the actual need to enrol at the Library (it doesn't regard the Study Rooms).
The Learning Zone contains:
People using the Library's resources on-site are kindly asked to leave their bags, overcoats, rucksacks, umbrellas, etc. in the cloakroom lockers.
The collections gathered in the Reading Room 1 contains of:
Polish and foreign printed journals acquired in the current year,
anatomical models of bones,
books on particular fields of medicine and other related sciences, divided into thematic sections, and stored on numbered and fully described shelves:
I. Reference collection
II. Pre-health sciences
III. Practical medicine
IV. Medical specializations
The collections gathered in the Reading Room 2 contains of:
IV. Medical specializations cont.
V. Medical professions
|VI. Public health
In the Scientific Information Reading Room there is free access to:
all electronic resources:
reference manager Mendeley,
Internet (for didactic, educational and scientific purposes only),
the reference collection:
Users with a MUG's student ID or MUG's library card can use the 6 study rooms for individual or group work (A1-A6):
4 double rooms,
1 room for a group of 4 people,
1 room for a group of 6 people.
The rooms are equipped with electrical sockets.
Books from the high-use collections, gathered in the Reading Room 1 & 2, can be borrowed overnight, but:
they can be borowed during the last hour before closing the Library,
they can't be renewed,
they must be returned before 11 a.m. the following day, when the Library is open,
before 8 a.m. they can be returned to the books return box, located in the side entrance to the Library from Dębinki Street,
in the case of exceeding the books return due date, you will have to pay the fee, which is 10 zł/1 volume/1 day.
Remember! The fees must be paid in the Lending Unit and it is possible with payment cards only.
Your MUG's student ID is the MUG Library card as well, so you can borrow books right now
Learn about the Library services and pass the required Library Training Online
Leave your jacket and backpack at the cloakroom in a locker
Remember to silence your phone
Do not bring food or beverages in open containers inside the Learning Zone (bottled clear water and thermal mugs are allowed)
Remember to follow the Study Rooms Regulations
If you are leaving the Library for more than 30 minutes, then take your things with you - let other students use your space
When you finish using a book, just leave it on designated cart or give it to a Librarian
When you borrow a book, pay attention to its return date. All books that you borrow from the Reading Room 1 & 2 must be returned by 11:00 a.m. on the following day
You may access many Library resources from your home computer - just fill in the remote access via proxy server online form
On 27 April 2016 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union and of Council came into force. It relates to data processing for natural persons and the freedom of movement of such data. In the light of this and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the Main Library would like to draw your attention to the following:
1. The administrator of your personal data is The Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector at The Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (firstname.lastname@example.org),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have access to the content of your data and the right to demand its rectification. You have the right to remove data or limit its use. Further you have the right to transfer data and to raise an objection on how your data is processed. You may withdraw your legal consent for the use of your data at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection if your complaint is justified and the administrator is found to be in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.