The Reading Rooms provide access to:
1.2. scientific journals,
1.3. daily papers and magazines,
1.4. anatomical models of bones,
1.5. all the books from the Library storeroom,
1.6. materials obtained through Interlibrary Loans,
1.7. MUG Main Library catalogue online, databases, e-books and e-journals,
1.8. MS Office, LibreOffice.
The Reading Rooms' collections may be used only on-site.
Collections from the Library storeroom shall be made available on-site in the Reading Rooms after the prior ordering them online. The requested items shall be picked up at the librarian's desk in the Reading Room 1 after showing a personal identification document. Items not picked up within 2 days are returned to the Library storeroom.
All users of the Learning Zone are obliged to:
1.1. keep silence,
1.2. switch off mobile phones and do not make phone calls,
1.3. leave their backpacks, bags, overcoats, umbrellas, etc. in the cloakroom,
1.4. refrain from bringing in food; it is allowed to bring bottled beverages or drinks in thermal mugs,
1.5. having MUG student or PhD student card, MUG Library card or any other ID and present it each time at the librarian's request,
1.6. return the requested items undamaged and report any noticed defects to the librarian,
1.7. leave the publications, after using them, in the indicated places; users are not allowed to put the books back onto the shelf,
1.8. not leave their belongings on the desks unattended for longer than 30 minutes; after that time the belongings can be collected from the librarian on duty.
It is allowed to borrow books from the Reading Rooms' collections. However, each time the user must be given an individual permission from the librarian on duty, who specifies when the item should be returned.
If the borrowed publications are not returned to the Reading Room by due data, the fine specified in the Library Price List is applied.
The Library is not responsible for belongings left unattended.
Failure to comply with there regulations may result in temporary deprivation of the opportunity to use the Learning Zone.
On 27 April 2016 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union and of Council came into force. It relates to data processing for natural persons and the freedom of movement of such data. In the light of this and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the Main Library would like to draw your attention to the following:
1. The administrator of your personal data is The Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector at The Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (email@example.com),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have access to the content of your data and the right to demand its rectification. You have the right to remove data or limit its use. Further you have the right to transfer data and to raise an objection on how your data is processed. You may withdraw your legal consent for the use of your data at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection if your complaint is justified and the administrator is found to be in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.