The right to use the Reading Rooms is entitled to all those interested in medical literature.
1. The Reading Rooms provide access to:
books (Reading Room 1 & 2),
scientific journals (Reading Room 1),
daily papers and magazines (Reading Room 1),
anatomical models of bones (Reading Room 1),
all the books from the Library store and materials obtained through Interlibrary Loans (Reading Room 1 & 2).
2. There is open access to the Reading Rooms' collections.
3. To request item from the store room a traditional Request Form must be filled in and an identity document shown to the librarian.
4. In case of journals, the Request Form must be filled in separately for each issue, stating journal title, call number, volumen number, issue number and pages' number reg. the article.
5. The orders must be submitted at least 30 minutes before the Library’s closing time.
6. Students can use the Study Rooms located at Reading Room 1. The rules of using the Study Rooms are determined in their Regulations.
All users of the Main Reading Room are obliged to:
switch off mobile phones,
leave their backpacks, bags, overcoats, umbrellas, etc. in the cloakroom; bringing their own laptops and study materials in transparent plastic bags only (bags can be brought in the Lending Unit, if needed),
refrain from eating and drinking in the Reading Room, except bottled clear water and thermal mugs; consumption is permitted in the marked place only,
return the items undamaged and report any noticed defects to the librarian,
leave the publications, after using them, in the indicated places; users are not allowed to put the books back onto the shelf – all items must be reshelved by the Library staff, only,
not leave their belongings on the desks unattended for longer than 30 minutes; after that time the belongings can be collected from the librarian on duty.
1. It is allowed to borrow books from the Reading Rooms' collections. However, each time the user must be given an individual permission from the librarian on duty, who specifies when the item should be returned.
2. If the borrowed publications are not returned to the Reading Room by due date, the fine specified in the Library Price List is applied.
Due to the entry into force of The Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) the Main Library informs that:
1. The administrator of your personal data is Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector in Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (firstname.lastname@example.org),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have the access to the content of your data, the right to demand rectification them, the right to remove or limit of their use, the right to transfer them, the right to post an objection in relation to their processing and the right to withdraw legal consent at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection, if it is justified that your personal data are processed by the administrator in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.