The right to use the Scientific Information Reading Room is entitled to all those interested in medical literature.
The Scientific Information Reading Room provides access – after logging into the University network – to:
e-books and e-journals in full-text databases,
Internet (only for educational, research and scientific purposes),
The Online Library Catalogue,
MS Office, Libre Office,
reference collection, i.e. encyclopaedias, dictionaries, directories, bibliographies.
1. Using computers, except access to the MUG master and bachelor thesis database, is possible after logging into the University network.
2. The time for using a computer is limited to 1 hour.
1. All users of the Scientific Information Reading Room are obliged to:
mute cell phones and do not make calls through them,
leave their backpacks, bags, overcoats, umbrellas, etc. in the cloakroom,
bringing their own laptop and study materials only in a transparent plastic bag (you can buy one in the Lending Unit or use your own),
refrain from eating and drinking in the Reading Room, except bottled clear water and thermal mugs; consumption is permitted in the marked place only.
2. Those who:
do not have e-mail account on @gumed.edu.pl domain,
are obliged to:
submit a legible signature in to the Visitors Book,
show identity document to the librarian.
In the Scientific Information Reading Room it is not allowed to:
change the computer settings and/or delete files being a part of the operating system,
copy and spread applications and other electronic resources protected by the Main Library’s licenses or copyright laws,
use computer games and enter web pages not mentioned in §2,
use computers for earning money.
After finishing the work with a computer, the user is obliged to log out and delete all files and data saved during this session, which means that the computer should be left in such a state as it was before user has started his session.
Due to the entry into force of The Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) the Main Library informs that:
1. The administrator of your personal data is Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector in Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (email@example.com),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have the access to the content of your data, the right to demand rectification them, the right to remove or limit of their use, the right to transfer them, the right to post an objection in relation to their processing and the right to withdraw legal consent at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection, if it is justified that your personal data are processed by the administrator in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.