New rules for the use of MUG’s Main Library collections during the period of limitation of the Library's activity
From 02.06.2020 the MUG’s Library enables the employees and students of the University to borrow the collections.
Books are borrowed by means of self-service lockers
Books from the store room are ordered, just like before the pandemic, via the online catalogue.
Books from the Reading Room are borrowed on the basis of an email sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org directed to the address of the Lending Unit: email@example.com. It should include: title, author, call number of the ordered book as well as your name, surname and album number.
In the vestibule to the main entrance to the Library there are lockers from which the ordered items are collected. When the books are prepared, you will receive an e-mail in @gumed.edu.pl domain with the number of the locker in which the ordered books will be located, the code needed to open the locker, and the designated collection date.
The lockers are accessible from Monday to Friday between the following hours: 9.00-12.00 and 12.30-14.00. After the specified collection date the lockers are emptied and the uncollected order is cancelled.
In case of any doubts or not being able to collect books within the prescribed period, please contact the Lending Unit (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 58 3491051 from 8.30-14.30).
University employees can receive the ordered items by means of internal mail to the indicated address of the Department/University.
At the same time we would like to inform you that all orders placed before 29 May 2020 have been cancelled.
Returns of books
This can be done by means of the book drops available in the vestibule of the main entrance to the Library building, from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., without prior appointment or by parcel, sent to the address:
Biblioteka Główna Gdańskiego Uniwersytetu Medycznego
ul. Dębinki 1
You are asked to protect books against damage.
Books are taken off the readers’ accounts after a 3-day quarantine.
Readers from outside MUG can return their books to the book drops, but if this is not possible, we inform you that no fines will be charged.
The calculation of fees for late returns of books is suspended until the end of September 2020.
Settlement of fees
Persons who have an unpaid fee for a late return which arose before the pandemic (the amount to be paid is shown in the Virtua reader's account, in the account tab) are asked to pay by bank transfer and send a transfer confirmation to: email@example.com.
50 1030 1117 0000 0000 9182 9061
with a note "Album number + surname + first name - nieterminowy zwrot książek”
Access to articles from printed magazines
The MUG’s Main Library accepts orders for copies of scientific articles and excerpts from books in the form of scans.
If you are interested in receiving a scan of publication, please send the relevant bibliographic information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Student leaving cards
Settlements of students are made electronically.
Students of other universities who need a certificate of no arrears to the Library are asked to contact the Lending Unit by e-mail (email@example.com).
Important! The Learning Zone remains closed to readers until the end of September this year.
We invite you to follow the announcements on the Main Library website.
Regulations of collecting personal data in Medical University of Gdańsk
On 27 April 2016 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union and of Council came into force.
It relates to data processing for natural persons and the freedom of movement of such data.
In the light of this and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation),
the Main Library would like to draw your attention to the following:
1. The administrator of your personal data is The Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector at The Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (firstname.lastname@example.org),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have access to the content of your data and the right to demand its rectification. You have the right to remove data or limit its use. Further you have the right to transfer data and to raise an objection on how your data is processed. You may withdraw your legal consent for the use of your data at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection if your complaint is justified and the administrator is found to be in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.