MUG electronic student ID is the MUG Library card as well.
If you don't have the MUG electronic student ID,
please fill in the enrolment form.
MUG students can borrow up to 15 items for 6 months (if the book's status does not restrict the loan duration to 1 month only)
items published before1945,
rare and valuable items,
anatomical models of bones.
* for possible exceptions see Regulations for Accessing the Collections
To request a book via the MUG Library online catalogue you must log in to your Library account and choose an item, whose:
location is set to: GUMed – Wypożyczalnia (MUG – Circulation Desk),
status is set to: available.
before you pick up requested books from the Lending Unit, you are advised to check their status on your Library account which should be set to: available for picking up,
make sure you pick up your books within 5 days (including Sundays and holidays) from submitting a request, otherwise they will be returned to the storeroom,
you must pick up the books personally in the Lending Unit and you will be asked to show your students ID.
You can renew your loans online after log in to your Library account. Borrowed books may be renewed:
each item twice, each time for 30 days,
no sooner than 5 days before the return date, but still before it expires,
eceptions are items that are reserved.
Renewal starts the day it is made.
You can reserve:
up to 4 books (over the borrowing limits),
no sooner than 30 days before the return date.
When the reserved item is returned, user receives an e-mail stating that it can be collected (within 5 days).
The borrowed items may be returned by the due date:
to the Lending Unit or
to the return box in the Library building side entrance vestibule (accessible from the Dębinki St.), which can be used:
on Monday: 06:00-10:00 a.m.,
from Tuesday to Friday: 06:00-08:00 a.m.
if the borrowed items will not be returned by the due date, it will result in automatic suspending of the user's Library account and fines will be applied according to the price list, ie. 0,50 PLN per item per day;
Important: all fines must be paid at the Circulation Desk and the payment is possible with the payment cards only,
the day the loan duration expires you will be notified by the system on the email address you have provided. If you would like to receive such notifications, contact the Lending Unit, either personally or via email at email@example.com.
If you happen to:
lose a borrowed item, you will be asked to:
either return the same or newer edition of the lost item or
return another item, indicated by the head of the Circulation Division;
destroy a borrowed item, you will be asked to pay a fine, according to the price list.
Books from the Reading Rooms may be also borrowed, but overnight only:
they may be borrowed an hour before closing the Library,
they must be return the following day before 11 a.m.,
before 8 a.m. borrowed items may be return to the return box in the Library building side entrance vestibule (accessible from the Dębinki St.),
if the borrowed items will not be returned by the due date, it will result in automatic suspending of the user's Library account and fines will be applied according to the price list, i.e. 10 PLN per item per day.
Remember! All fines must be paid at the Circulation Desk and the payment is possible with the payment cards only.
Due to the entry into force of The Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) the Main Library informs that:
1. The administrator of your personal data is Medical University of Gdańsk based in Gdańsk, Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 3A, 80-210 Gdańsk,
2. The Data Protection Inspector in Medical University of Gdańsk is Piotr Małecki (firstname.lastname@example.org),
3. Your personal data will be processed using the Tricity Libraries IT System (Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, Gdynia Maritime University, Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, European Solidarity Centre) in order to enable the use of library resources on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. A of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
4. Your personal data will not be disclosed to other entities, except for entities authorized under the law, debt collection companies or companies supporting IT services,
5. Your personal data will be kept for a period required by law,
6. You have the access to the content of your data, the right to demand rectification them, the right to remove or limit of their use, the right to transfer them, the right to post an objection in relation to their processing and the right to withdraw legal consent at any time,
7. You have the right to make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection, if it is justified that your personal data are processed by the administrator in breach of the general regulation of personal data of 27 April 2016,
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide them may result in the refusal to provide the service.